Your Life is a Sacred Journey
Our small-group tours take you to places you have dreamed of your whole life long, like Bali, "the island of the gods". The tropical island of Bali is stunningly lush in foliage and fauna, a place where massage, fresh fruits, and creative expression are always close at hand. All journeys we lead allow for fine-tuning and preferences; this tour includes unstructured time so you can select activities according to your wishes.
SUTRA Global Journeys*
*There is no Bali Tour planned for 2019, but please join us for the Romance India Tour !
WE HAVE LEFT THE DETAILS OF OUR PREVIOUS BALI TOUR POSTED FOR REFERENCE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BALI IN 2020, PLEASE LET US KNOW. THE INPUT FROM OUR POTENTIAL TRAVELERS HELPS US TO PLAN THE NEXT TOURS!
Bali Bliss 2018: A Tour for Art Lovers
January 27 - February 11, 2018*
Art Lovers will appreciate the flexibility of this small group tour that begins and ends together in Ubud, Bali, the cultural center of the lush and tropical paradise of Bali. PLEASE NOTE: This tour is expected to fill; please do not book your flights until after you have registered for this tour
- Day Trips to Kintimani Volcano, terraced rice paddies, coffee and spice farms, Tirta Empul holy springs, Petulu (heron gathering place), and other ancient sites.
- A gourmet cooking class at Casa Luna Cooking School to introduce the common spices and foods of Bali
- Tanah Lot temple on Bali’s western coast.
- Gourmet restaurants with fabulous views and elegantly presented cuisine
- Orientation to Balinese Culture with a local guide
- Evening Cultural performance, featuring traditional dance, costume, music and story
- Beautiful accommodations, most a/c with a pool, all breakfasts included plus 16 other meals
- Batik wall hanging workshop and spa massage
- Snorkeling, sunrise fishing boat tour, and beach life on Bali’s eastern coast
- Visit Tennganen Village for a demonstration by one of a few people in the world that still practice double ikat weaving
- View artisan demonstrations and shop to your heart’s content! This day tour will include stone and wood carving, textiles, fine basketry and jewelry, with an opportunity to ship your larger or heavy/breakable purchases with Sutra Imports’ shipment.
- Learn about the important work of the world renowned NGO, Threads of Life, at their gallery
- Amazing photography everywhere
- 3 full days and 4 nights at Amed, a string of coastal villages with a relaxed vibe, with snorkeling, swimming, beach combing and fresh seafood.
- Tour Fee: $2995, with $800 non-refundable deposit due September 1, $1195 due November 1, 2017, and $1000 due January 1, 2018, based on double occupancy.
INCLUDED IN TOUR FEE:
- Shared accommodations, with 2 people per room
- Airport pick up and drop off, with transfer to hotel
- All breakfast plus most lunch/dinners (except at Amed)
- 1 performances of Balinese dance or theatre
- 2 classes in Ubud: gourmet cooking and a batik painting class.
- 1 spa experience
- All transportation to events included in the itinerary, plus daily tipping of taxis. (not included is the tipping of your primary driver at the end of the tour)
- International airfare, vaccinations, passport.
- Individual taxis and transportation for activities not described in itinerary, or when veering from group, which includes most transportation at Amed.
- Personal expenses, such as shopping and bottled water for drinking.
- Alcoholic drinks and beef.
- *Tour dates reflect the dates to book your international flight to Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia (DPS)